You just found out that you are having a baby – congratulations, on one of the biggest milestones in a mother’s life! You now are beginning the nine month journey that will lead to bringing a new person into the world. After which you will have the responsibility of having the baby grow up to be safe and healthy. Well, to celebrate, how about a drink? Nope, I wouldn’t do that if I were you!
During your pregnancy you now have the responsibility of eating and drinking properly, not only for yourself, but also for your developing baby. Any food, medicine, alcohol and drugs that you take are now also being taken in by your baby. This means that even the simplest medicine that you take for your allergies are now going to your baby as well. While some food, drink and medicine would be fine for you, they may not be for your baby.
This is particularly a concern when alcohol is involved. While you may enjoy the occasional glass of wine or mixed drink, your growing baby doesn’t need the alcohol. In fact, drinking while pregnant can have an adverse effect on the development of your baby. And, continued drinking alcohol could lead to Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.
If you have been drinking and you just found out your are pregnant – don’t worry. A drink now and then will probably not have an impact on your baby. However, please use caution with whatever you put in your system, and remember that whatever you take in, your baby will also be ingesting. Therefore, it is important that while pregnant you go for regular pre-natal visits with your doctor. They will give you further information on the potential dangers of drinking while pregnant.
- Pregnancy Health Overview – Informative web page were expectant mothers can receive more information about a healthy pregnancy.
- Staying Healthy During Pregnancy – This helpful page offers ideas to assist mothers in staying healthy.
- Maintaining a Healthy Pregnancy – Web page that helps mothers to be in maintaining proper health while pregnant.
- Steps to a Healthy Pregnancy – A useful article that provides women with ten tips in order to have a healthy pregnancy.
- Pregnancy Complications – WebMD article which talks about various complications that can arise from pregnancy.
- Healthy Mom and Healthy Baby – Helpful article which discusses the relation between mother and baby health.
- Keeping Mom and Baby Healthy – This article discusses ways that moms and babies can have a healthy pregnancy.
- Pregnancy Baby Health – Useful page that looks at how babies can be healthy during pregnancy.
- Safe Before Birth – In this article you will receive helpful ideas on how to keep babies safe before birth.
- Promoting a Healthy Pregnancy – Informative government page that helps mothers have a healthy pregnancy.
- Tips for a Healthy Pregnancy – Listing of ten tips on nutrition to have a healthy baby.
- Healthy Baby Tips – Article that contains several helpful tips on delivering a healthy baby.
- Health Problems in Pregnancy – Article that provides an overview on typical problems that could arise during pregnancy.
- Pregnancy and Birth Issues – Information on many hazards that expectant mothers face.
- Common Health Problems – This article provides information on several typical pregnancy health concerns.
- Medical Concerns and Pregnancy – An article that covers some medical concerns of pregnant women.
- Common Questions About Pregnancy – Questions and answers of commonly asked thoughts about pregnancy.
- Pregnancy Health Fact Sheet – Informative publication that contains information on health issues during pregnancy.
- Drinking and Your Pregnancy – This informative page looks at the risks involved in drinking while pregnant.
- Alcohol and Pregnancy – In this page from Medline you will learn of the risks involved in drinking while pregnant.
- Alcohol Use in Pregnancy – Overview of what could happen to babies when a mother drinks alcohol during pregnancy.
- Alcohol During Pregnancy – Article that looks at the potential dangers of pregnant mothers drinking.
- Alcohol in Pregnancy Facts – Questions and answers to many typical comments about alcohol usage.
- Light Drinking During Pregnancy – A Time magazine article listing a study that says light or even moderate drinking may be fine during pregnancy.
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome – In this article you will learn about the dangers of drinking while pregnant.
- Information on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome – Information for parents on drinking during pregnancy.
- Mayo Clinic – Helpful page from the Mayo Clinic which looks at the problems of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Overview – Useful web page that talks about the effects of alcohol on babies.
- Babies and Fetal Alcohol Syndrome – This article discusses the effect of alcohol on newborn babies.
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Condition – Informative web site that looks at the effects of alcohol on mothers and babies.
By Ted Burgess